Friday, March 5, 2010

"Steel Magnolias"

I know I haven't posted anything on my blog in quite a while. To be completely honest, I really haven't had the time to think, much less write for a couple of weeks. Don't get me wrong; I really do love being busy. (It definitely beats being bored all the time!) However, in my little bit of spare time, I did get the chance to watch Steel Magnolias for the first time. I have seriously been quoting lines from the movie since I saw it because I loved it so much! It is "laugh until your sides hurt" funny in parts! I mean, how can you NOT love older southern women smarting off at and making fun of each other. But the movie also has many incredibly sad and emotional scenes, giving it the perfect balance of comedy and tragedy. I won't spoil anything for those who haven't seen Steel Magnolias but I'm warning you in advance, have a tissue with you and also be prepared to laugh out loud! :-)

5 comments:

  1. Just so everyone knows, I'll try my best not to wait so long before posting again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the review! And I could watch those old ladies all day long. Except my sides would finally start hurting too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Clairee (Olympia Dukakis) and Ouiser (Shirley MacLaine) are in my opinion, one of the best comedy duos I've seen in a LONG time! They play off each other so well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't seen Steel Magnolias yet. Maybe next time the guys are gone I'll get it and watch it. Like how you have personalized your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should! It really is quite good. :) Thank you! I like to draw so I decided it was about time for me to make myself a header for my blog.

    ReplyDelete